Thursday, February 14, 2008

Quick post!


These are pictures of a shipwreck on a beach in Wellfleet, MA on Cape Cod last week. It washed up in late January. They think it is from around 1820-1850. Really interesting to see the construction. All wood pegs holding it together. Don't know how long it will be there - it may wash out with the next tide or storm. I am going back there next week and hope it is still there so I can show it to my kids and grandkids.

This a picture of Scoochie enjoying the felted fish buddy I received from Channon in the Hot Cocoa Swap. You can see she is loving this toy! She was like alittle kitten - rolling all around the room with it!
Thanks again Channon for the great package and Scoochie's new friend!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kathy R said...

Great package! Cute kitty! I love the way they become kittens again when there's catnip around.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting that picture! What a cute cat! We used to have a cat that looked just like Garfield, and he was quite lazy, until the catnip came out!

The beach looks so wonderful, wish I were there!

Hope your next visit is just as nice.

Happy Valentine's Day!
-your scavenger hunt secret pal

lauriec said...

The shipwreck is so incredible! I am such a history geek that I'm drooling over that more than the package!

DaCraftyLady said...

oh my gosh, that kitty looks so much like Miz Allie from that angle...lol...hey Joann are you getting my emails? I sent 2 more about the fact that your partner has changed and so has who is sending to you..please check the blog line up under Feb partners listed in the links in the right sidebar....I also sent you the new address for your new partner..thanks...people dropped out...

The Yarn Nut said...

Hey Joann, I mailed your DTWD box and you should have received it this past Thursday. Hope you enjoy! It was a lot of fun.