1. How long have you been knitting or crocheting? How did you learn? or from whom?
I learned to crochet 30 years ago from my friend Barbara. She was right handed and I am a lefty but it clicked . I learned to knit about 25 years ago from my friend Luise. Many people tried to teach me even my grandmother but I was a hopeless case until Luise was able to teach me. She made me sit for HOURS and just knit until it stuck!
2. What was your first felted object, and why did you decide to try felting?
I made a felted tote bag. A friend, Paula, at work made one and it was such a fantastic bag I needed to make one too! I gave it to my DIL for Christmas.
3. What are your favorite colors?
Favorite color is purple all shades!. Also like jewel tones(purple, blues, reds, gold, greens) , beach colors (beiges, blues).
Any you hate? Dislike orange or yellow.
4. What are your favorite styles\types of bags? (Long straps? Short handles? Handbags? Totes? Embellished? Plain? Include links to patterns or photos if you’d like – give your pal an idea of what you enjoy!)
Open to any style. I love totes/bags of all kinds. I am always changing bags to match my moods or needs. Prefer longer handles/straps.
5. What handbag or bag are you carrying today? Do you use a separate bag to carry your knitting?
I use different bags/totes all the time. Depends on my mood or where I am going or what I need to carry. Some of my bags can hold my knitting other times I carry a 2nd bag with my knitting. ALWAYS carry some kind of knitting project with me!
6. What other things do you enjoy knitting or crocheting?
I make a lot of baby/ kids items for my grandchildren, socks, dishcloths, scarfs, shawls, bags. Mostly smaller projects except for baby afghans. Have made some sweaters for grandkids but nothing too involved. Like easy relaxing projects to knit.
7. What sort of needles do you enjoy working with? (straights vs circs, bamboo vs aluminum)
I prefer circulars whenever possible. When using straight needles go for the shortest length possible. Type of needle (bamboo, metal) depends on the project.
8. What’s one project you’ve not yet tried but are dying to make?
Entrelac, I have a pattern but not the courage to try. Want to take a class but they always seem to be on days I work. Will keep checking LYS until I get into a class.
9. What’s one yarn you’ve not yet tried but are dying to work with?
Yarn made from seaweed. I love the ocean and thing it would be fun to work with something that came from the ocean.
10. What other hobbies do you have? Do you spin? Sew? Garden?
Besides yarn, do you collect anything?
I quilt (not lately). I like to read but find it hard to do while knitting. Audio books make me sleepy! I love to walk on the beach. I have done some beading for stitch markers.
I have a large lighthouse collection. I also have lots of book, magazines and patterns for knitting, crochet and quilting. Have been collecting them for over 30 years. I have a fabric collection - my favorite are my lighthouse prints. Haven't been using it to make quilts lately but love looking at the prints and planning future projects!
Love to travel with BF. We go to Maine every year and Cape Cod as often as possible. We also travel to see the Red Sox play. We went to Baltimore this summer to see them play.
11. What kind of goodies do you enjoy? Sweets? Salty? Anything you hate or are allergic to?
Love chocolate, caramel, nuts. Love salty/sweet combos.
Not allergic to any thing but wine.
12. Do you have any kiddos? (Furry kind count!)
I have 4 grown children and 5 beautiful little grandchildren. I also have 2 calico cats.
13. What kind of project best personifies you and why?
Anything I have knitted for family. It feels good to knit something special for a family member. Family is special. Knitting for them is special.
14. What is your favorite part of Autumn? You can also share a special Autumn memory if you'd prefer!
I love the colors of the changing leaves and the autumn "smell" in the air. I like the cooler days and chilly nights. I like baking apple crisp.
My favorite autumn memory is from 2004 when the Red Sox won the World Series after being down 3 games to 0 in the ALC against the Yankees. Great Comeback!
15. Tell us 3 things you would do if you won 10 million dollars in the lottery.
1. Share with my family!
2.Buy a house on the ocean with a big deck overlooking the ocean where I could sit and knit while I listen to the waves!
3. Quit my job and buy a yarn store!