Monday, April 7, 2008

Country Wool Cape Ann Knitting Retreat 4/08

Great weekend!  Weather was cold and gloomy but the retreat was wonderful.  Claudia from Country Wool  did a wonderful job.  It was a great group of knitters.  Very relaxed and lots of new knitting info.  This first picture is from my room.  You can see that the weather was gray but still a great view!
This is the pattern and the beautiful yarn I worked with this weekend.  The yarn is Peace Fleece.  It is a wool/mohair blend.  The color is called Moscow Magic Pink.  It is pink with little flecks of lavender, red and teal in it.  I knitted the first sleeve and about 1/3 of the second by Sunday am.  Only had to frog the first sleeve 2 times.  Pattern is easy once you get into it.  The increases gave me some trouble but with help from the other knitters it worked out! The sweater will be reversible also.  I am making a size 8 child's sweater and will see who it fits when I finish it.  The sweater works from the bottom up and you add the sleeves as you go.  Claudia is just an email away if I run into problems!
You can see the workbook we received from Claudia.  I  made lots of notes to help me understand things easier.  Her worksheets were very clear.  I need to mark each row  I do so that I can have 2 sleeves that match!  

This is a close-up of the pattern - I love the color of the yarn.   It looks like cotton candy!
Will keep you posted on my progress!

No comments: