Thursday, September 27, 2007

Cape Cod Getaway

Larry and I went to Cape Cod last weekend to relax and enjoy the great fall weather. What a great weekend. I brought my Fall Felted Bag along to knit. This is the bag when we arrived. It is knit from Knit Picks Bulky Wool of the Andes. The color is "Cape Cod". Perfect name. It was taken on Nauset Light Beach on the National Seashore. My favorite beach!

We visited Provincetown also and WALKED up to the top of the Provincetown Monument. All 116 steps and 60 ramps! I haven't tried that in at least 10 years! The view from the top was fantastic! It was such a beautiful day you could see for miles! The last time we went up the tower it was winter and cold ! This was a much better visit! You can see the harbor below. Isn't it beautiful!
We also visited the bayside of Cape Cod. We went to First Encounter Beach where I continued to knit on the bag. As you can see I am making progress. By the time we returned home I had finished the bag except for the handles and felting. Larry was kind enough to hold the bag for me so I could get a picture with the beach at low tide in the background. Wonderful beach. Water is warmer than the ocean and waves gentler. You can walk out and find lots of little crabs and fish in the tidal pools. Beautiful day again!
We got to spend a wonderful relaxing weekend in our favorite place. My favorite restaurant - Arnold's - was even open. They usually close right after Labor Day but this year are still open weekends until mid October. Yum! I got to have the best lobster dinner!
Was a great weekend! Can't wait to go to Bar Harbor next month! More Lobster!

No comments: